- Category: Bob
- Created on Wednesday, 28 July 2010 23:00
ATTEMPTED "BARREL RIDE" Two men were seriously injured in an explosion at a shop that builds services race cars in Sedro-Wooley. The fire chief said the men put about 4 gallon of methanol in a 55-gallon barrel in the parking lot Sunday night, sat on top of it lit it on fire for a "barrel ride". "Apparently it was supposed to slide across the parking lot like a rocket. Instead it blew up," The chief said one end of the barrel flew 120 feet. The men were taken to United General Hospital then flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with severe burns.